8 reasons why you need a digital marketing plan - today!
Updated: Aug 29, 2019
Having a plan for any action you take is important, but having a digital marketing plan for your business is crucial to its success and growth. Online competition is increasing and it’s becoming more and more difficult for businesses to stay current with the latest trends and customer needs. Keep your business connected with these 8 reasons why you need a digital marketing plan today:
1. Keep up with the competition The competition is real. It’s the battle of the (digital) fittest. If you’re selling a product or service, chances are someone else is too. You need to market yourself in a proactive and innovative way to have that edge against your competitors. Having a solid plan will ensure your brand is showcased exactly how it should be, to an audience that will love and represent what you bring to the table.
2. Cost effective vs. traditional marketing
In today’s digital world - it’s so easy to advertise your product or service for free. Social Media users are increasing by the millions and more and more consumers are supporting brands with a strong, honest and engaging online presence. We’ve come a long way from many traditional marketing methods that cost business owners a lot of money and an (unknown) return. Use your online platform to maximize your businesses visibility and you’ll see your ROI with minimal dollars spent.
Digital analytics have become so advanced that you can analyze your businesses traffic and success within minutes. With Google Analytics you can get Campaign Measurements, Target your Goals, Audience/Custom Reports, Flow Visualization and so much more. Understanding the behaviours and trends of your audience is crucial to building your business success.
4. Targeted approach As a business, you likely have an idea of who your targeted audience is - but taking a targeted approach to your digital marketing is imperative to increasing your customer base. You can do this in a number of ways, including: targeting your ads on Social Media to a local/niche market, analyzing what content on your website is working best; blogs, pages, even posts - and optimizing them, or even starting a Google AdWords campaign to increase your visibility to a larger (or more specific) audience.
5. Building your brand Along with all the tools at your fingertips to maximize your digital marketing, a huge advantage of having a plan is to build your brand in the most engaging way. You have a business, so represent! Build your brand using the magic of online marketing to increase your engagement and following. Showcase your brand exactly the way you want by creating strategic content and visually appealing posts.
6. Optimized mobile If your marketing isn’t optimized for digital platforms, chances are you are losing customers. 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. People spend so much of their day scrolling, sharing and browsing the web on their Smartphone - it’s important to optimize that experience for them to increase your online traffic. Ensuring that your online platforms are optimized for mobile is an important part of a successful digital marketing plan.
7. Customer trust Online platforms have become a community space for followers and their opinion is a huge part of your businesses success. Engage with your customers online by being honest and transparent and it will spread throughout these online communities. More and more, consumers are turning to product and brand reviews and word of mouth - both of which are a huge aspect of ensuring your success and gaining your customer’s trust.
8. Call to action Digital Marketing can increase your profitability and following with a good call to action. Don’t be afraid to be creative and use a strong command to tell your customers what you want them to do. Use emotion and enthusiasm to give your audience a reason they should act on your call to action.
Growing your online presence takes time but is an important part of your businesses growth. Digital Marketing is rapidly growing and it’s so important to have a plan that will compliment your other business strategies. Use the online tools available at your fingertips to optimize your engagement with your customers and your businesses success will continue to grow - not to mention, you’ll have an advantage over your competitors.
Want to learn more about creating a digital marketing plan that works for your business? Head to our website and contact us for a free consultation.